Email Accounts Management
Why Is Email Accounts Management Important
Having a good email accounts management skill is very crucial, it leads to more productivity and security. In this article we will show you a very efficient method to deal with your email accounts.
Here are the benefits of managing your email accounts correctly:
- Security and less spamming emails.
- Ease of use and find previous emails quicker
- Avoiding clustering your mailbox with useless information
How To Setup Your Email Accounts
Best way to manage your email accounts is by creating and assigning each email to a different section of your life. Here is an example…
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Your Social Media, Online Identity, and Public information.
- email@example.com – Finances Email for your banking accounts, and financial services.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – You’re Crypto accounts, wallets, exchanges, etc.
- email@example.com – For all the other services that can lead to a lot of spam.
You can customize the strategy to however you like, the main goal is to compartmentalize and section off your emails to avoid putting all your eggs in one basket, and avoid google ad trackers and targeted ads.
How To Get Started
Make a list of all the emails you use, and all the services they are connected to. Don’t worry if you can’t remember all of them, just keep the list and eventually add to it.
Once you finished your first list of all of your current active accounts, now make a second list with your updated email accounts and place underneath it all the accounts you want that email to be linked too.
- TD Bank
- Capital One
Close Accounts that you don’t use anymore, email support and tell them to cancel your account. If you’re not sure how to cancel your accounts, follow this guide.
Keep them secure
Now your accounts are ready, you have an email set for every category and the unused accounts closed. Follow our ‘Password Management‘ Article to set up your passwords and save them securely.
Red Flags And Possible Attacks
Emails can be used to perform many attacks, a malicious file can be downloaded on your PC by just having you open an email that is disguised to be ‘authentic’ by a hacker, which can open to many other attacks for the hacker.
With this strategy you can avoid risks and to be careful from malicious emails, since you have every email designated to a certain collection of accounts, therefore, scammy emails will stand out more.
Here are possible attacks for Hackers:
Phishing Emails is a way that hackers will manipulate you through an email, whether it would be a coupon, interview, or a personal email that was carefully crafted from a hacker that gathered a good amount of information about you. Make sure to avoid opening emails, and do NOT fall for ‘You won $10,000, Click the link to claim your money.’ all these are elaborate ways a hacker can download malicious files on your system to gain control, log your keys, or sniff out your online activity.
If any Hacker that gained access to your email they can control all the accounts connected to it, whether it’s your banking, important documents and sensitive information. Make sure to follow the guidelines below to avoid falling a victim too many different threats.
- Don’t Sign-in in public places without making sure to sign out and clear the history and cookies.
- Don’t enter your password if your using a public wifi, we will talk more about that in Security 0x5
- Make sure to activate 2FA for all your emails, it is another layer of protection that is very effective.
- Don’t open emails that are random and/or seem a bit off.
Hope that taught you some background knowledge, and helped you adapt a better habit when it comes to your email accounts.
Thank You for reading Part 2, sign up to our newsletter to be notified for the upcoming posts.
Table of Contents
Searching For Specific Posts?
Latest GPU Mining Guides:
Latest Project Reviews:
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Be notified when we publish new Articles and Tutorials