Radeon VII Mining Settings
The settings in this guide work for all Radeon VIIs. The main difference between models and GPU to GPU is the Silicon Lottery. This means your GPU may perform worst or better based on your luck.
Please make sure to read the guide about overclocking basics to avoid any unnecessary damage and risk to your system. (Click Here)
Our YouTube Video:
The Radeon VII is a one of a kind card for mining cryptocurrency. With the use of the 7nm technology, HBM2 memory type, and high memory bandwidth, the Radeon VII can do up to 100Mh/s which is an insane amount for just a single GPU!
There are many reports that some Radeon VIIs would run into Code 43 error very often, which then requires an RMA to be able to get the manufacturer to fix or replace it.
Radeon VII remains to be one of my favorite GPUs for mining, their performance is unmatched yet. Although, the new RTX 3000 series and big NAVI will most likely surpass this GPU in efficiency and performance.
Here are the Radeon VII Mining Settings & Overclocks.
- Do NOT mine with Stock settings!!
- For AMD drivers I had the best luck using drivers version 20.4.2.
- We used MSI Afterburner to overclock in Windows 10.
- Watts calculated in the software is not accurate with the actual power draw of the GPU. It is best to use Wattmeters for AMD Cards.
- The Radeon VII can be pushed to 90-100 MH/s but it will produce a lot more heat. To get those numbers just push the overclocks further and set the core voltage to 950.
- The Radeon VII Mining Overclocks that are provided here are a good place to start. You can still try to tweak it a little more if it’s stable, if not then just reduce the memory clock a little or increase your core voltage.
- When 2 different numbers are provided ex. +500 or 1000 that means one is for when you mine in Windows and the other is for a Linux-based Mining OS.
The Radeon VII can be found brand new for really expensive prices that can go beyond $2,000+ from Amazon and as for Newegg they do not sell them anymore. Buying this GPU brand new is not recommended at all if it is above $1,000 USD so instead we recommend scouring for used deals in your local markets (FB Marketplace, Offerups, Kjiji) or Ebay.
You can find it for $700 – $900 USD used but it does carry the risk of buying it off of a reseller. So please make sure to test it thoroughly before buying it and making sure that it is working properly. If the seller has a valid warranty, try to transfer it under your name as well.
Videos to watch so you can learn more about Radeon VII Mining Settings:
– Mining Chamber Videos:
- Radeon VII Mining Overview | Profitability, Hashrates & Overclocking.
- Radeon VII Mining Rig Build | HIGH 480 MH/s and 1240 Watts!!
– RedPandaMining Videos:
Read the important notes for more information.
Mining rig builds with the Radeon VIIs
More content related to the Radeon VII Mining Settings
RTX 3060 TI Mining Settings for different algorithms including their expected profitability, as well as a full overview and build examples.
RX 5600 XT Mining Settings for different algorithms including their expected profitability, as well as a full overview and build examples.
RX 5700 XT Mining Settings for different algorithms including their expected profitability, as well as a full overview and build examples.
RX 580 Mining Settings for different algorithms including their expected profitability, as well as a full overview and build examples.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Be notified when we publish new Articles and Tutorials