The settings in this guide work for all RX 5700 XTs. The main difference between models and GPU to GPU is the Silicon Lottery. This means your GPU may perform worst or better based on your luck.
Please make sure to read the guide about overclocking basics to avoid any unnecessary damage and risk to your system. (Click Here)
Our YouTube Video:
RX 5700 XT is one of the most efficient GPUs for mining as for 2020. The only issue is that they do come at a high price as well as some instability for mining. It is harder to work with but after it is set and stable it will be worth the trouble.
The regular 5700s are not produced anymore so if you are trying to decide between a 5700 and a 5700 XT we recommend getting either as long as their cost is not above MSRP.
As we come close to seeing new hardware like the Big NAVI and the RTX 3000 Series the RX 5700 XT will remain a really popular choice for mining until the newer hardware is more available.
Here are the RX 5700 XT Mining Settings & Overclocks.
- Do NOT mine with Stock settings!!
- For AMD drivers I had the best luck using drivers version 20.4.2.
- We used Wattman that comes with the Radeon Drivers to overclock in Windows 10.
- BIOS Modding is not required but it will boost your hashrate with 3-4 Mh/s
- Watts calculated in the software is not accurate with the actual power draw of the GPU. It is best to use Wattmeters for AMD Cards.
- The RX 5700 XT Mining Overclocks that are provided here are a good place to start. You can still try to tweak it a little more if it’s stable, if not then just reduce the memory clock a little or increase your core voltage.
- When 2 different numbers are provided ex. +500 or 1000 that means one is for when you mine in Windows and the other is for a Linux-based Mining OS.
Permanent BIOS Modding
- Download Red BIOS Editor, MorePowerTool & Amdvbflash3.04+ from this link.
- Plug in one GPU at a time if your using Windows 10. Mod them individually or use HiveOS to mod them all together.
- Save the original BIOS through the
amdvbflash -s 0 name.romcommand and use a name that allows you to relate it to the GPU itself. Example using the last 4 digits of the GPU Serial number. 0231_5700XT_NitroPlus_Stock.rom
- Load the original BIOS into Red BIOS Editor and then copy the 1550Mhz timings into the fields below it.
- Save BIOS from Red BIOS Editor and name it 0231_5700XT_NitroPlus_Mod.rom.
- If you have 2 Memory Types repeat the steps again but load the moded one for the 2nd Memory type and save the BIOS with the same name to overwrite the previously modded one. After you finish both memory types, confirm that the changes are successfull by loading the modded BIOS into Red BIOS Editor again.
- Load the final BIOS with both memory timings are modified into the MorePowerTool and edit Minimum voltage GFX and Minmum voltage SoC to 725
- Save MorePowerTool configuration and load it into your modified BIOS from the Red BIOS Editor MorePower tab then save your modified BIOS again by overwriting the older modified one.
- Unlock rom through the amdvbflash -unlockrom 0 command and the flash it using amdvbflash -p 0 modded_bios_name.rom (must be in the same folder as the amdvbflash application is)
To BIOS mod your RX 5700 XT it is better to watch our video regarding this topic. This link will be marked to when the BIOS modding starts: Click here.
The RX 5700 XT can be found brand new for $400 – $500 at the time of this post. which is an expensive cost if your looking to get a full mining rig of these GPUs but it is still not too bad comparing to it’s performance. We recommend looking for used deals in your local markets (FB Marketplace, Offerups, Kjiji) or Ebay.
You can find it for $350 – $400 used but it does carry the risk of buying it second-hand. So please make sure to test it thoroughly before buying it and making sure that it is working properly. If the seller has a valid warranty, try to transfer it under your name as well.
Videos to watch so you can learn more about RX 5700 XT Mining Settings:
– Mining Chamber Videos:
- RX 5700 XT Mining Overview | Profitability, Hashrates, BIOS Modding & Overclocking.
- RX 5700 XT Mining Rig Build – 6 GPU | 880 Watts and 330 MH/s!!
- RX 5700 XT Mining Rig Build – 8 GPU | 435 MH/s and 1300 Watts
– RedPandaMining Videos:
- Crypto Mining With RX 5700 XT’s… What We KNOW So Far
- How To BIOS Mod RX 5700 XT For Crypto Mining 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎
- 5700 XT 61 Mh/s Ethereum Hashrate @ 105 Watts…
- Unboxing XFX 5700 XT Raw II with Out of the Box Ethereum Hashrate
- 61.5 MH/s !!!! XFX 5700 XT Raw II Bios Modding and Overclocking for Efficiency and Hashrate
Read the important notes for more information.
Mining rig builds with the RX 5700 XTs
More content related to the RX 5700 XT Mining Settings
RTX 3060 TI Mining Settings for different algorithms including their expected profitability, as well as a full overview and build examples.
RX 5600 XT Mining Settings for different algorithms including their expected profitability, as well as a full overview and build examples.
Radeon VII Mining Settings for different algorithms including their expected profitability, as well as a full overview and build examples.
RX 580 Mining Settings for different algorithms including their expected profitability, as well as a full overview and build examples.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Be notified when we publish new Articles and Tutorials